Who do I file Return of Service with?

“Who do I file return of service with?” is the most common question I get by people learning about process serving and even starting their oven process server business.

The answer is: You file the Return of Service form (AKA: Proof of Service form or Affidavit of Service form) with the Clerk of Court’s Office.

You get the form from your client who hires you to serve process. It’s usually the top page or two of the service pack. You keep that form and serve the rest of the papers.

Then fill out the Proof of Service and “file it” (return it) to the clerk of courts. That’s it!

WARNING: There’s one thing you can never do: File a return of service (also known as an affidavit of service) claiming you served the person when you didn’t.

Oh, by the way… If you need complete Process Server training in an easy to understand, home study video course, then I highly recommend you get my course The Investigator’s Ultimate Guide to Process Serving right here: https://beamazingproductions.podia.com/investigator-s-ultimate-guide-to-process-serving

Or check out my open letter about this course and what it can do for you: https://shadowanyone.com/pstraining/index.xhtml

Committed to your success,
Larry Kaye,
Private Investigator (Ret.) &
#1 Best Selling Author

P.S. – And, of course, don’t miss my special report titled… If You Want To be a Private Investigator Give Up… Unless You Do These Three Things. You can get it right here…

Get Instant Access to Your FREE Private Investigator Report!

* indicates required

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *