Where to get a Return of Service form, Affidavit of Service form or Proof of Service form.

You get a Return of Service form (AKA: Proof of Service form or Affidavit of Service form) from your client who hires you to serve process. It’s usually the top page or two of the service pack.

You keep that form and serve the rest of the papers.

Then fill out the Proof of Service and “file it” (return it) to the clerk of courts.


There is one thing you can NEVER do and that’s file Return of Service (sometimes called an Affidavit of Service) saying you served the person when you didn’t. Never. Period.

Oh, by the way…

If you need a Process Server badge
, I highly recommend you get one at FirstDefenderTacticalGear.com (Yes, I do make money when you buy through this link, but it’s doesn’t cost you any more than going directly there.)

NOTICE: If you want this exact badge for FREE, it comes as a bonus when you get my course The Investigator’s Ultimate Guide to Process Serving.

Committed to your success,
Larry Kaye,
Private Investigator (Ret.) &
#1 Best Selling Author

P.S. – Don’t miss my special report, If You Want to be a Private Investigator Give Up… Unless you Do These Three Things. You can get it for free right here…

Get Instant Access to Your FREE Private Investigator Report!

* indicates required

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *