In this time of affordable and easily accessible database searches, why would anyone hire a private investigator?
Well, what a lot of people are blissfully ignorant of is the problems limitations of databases.
Here is a short list of problems with databases you may not have thought of. Is one of these a deal breaker for you?
1. Databases are inaccurate and unverified!
2. People can opt out of databases making them even more incomplete.
3. Many (most?) databases can only be used for “permissible purposes” meaning the database is unlikely to help you with pre-employment screening and many other things your client may want!
4. Database searches fall between “inadmissible” and “essentially inadmissible” if you end up in court.
5. Terms of service on many databases means the information you get cannot be shared!
Look, databases are great for what they are, a starting place for an investigator. Databases can save you a ton of time and energy, but the results are still just a starting point for an investigation.
Committed to your success,
Larry Kaye, P.I.
P.S. – By the way, I originally got the ideas for this post from an article in P.I. Magazine. I can’t remember when the article ran or who wrote it, but I do find some gems in there. Just F.Y.I.