This week I pull real life examples of catfishing straight from my case files as a private investigator and share with you six catfishing phrases to instantly spot a scammer!
What is catfishing?
Catfishing is someone online posing as a person they are not and hoping to lure a victim into a “relationship” then using that connection to scam the victim out of money. Both Men and Women can be catfishers.
Here are the 6 phrases catfishers uses:
1. “I would leave my abusive husband in a second, but I can’t afford the divorce.”
2. “Thank you for sending the money to leave him, but he found it and took it from me.”
3. “I want to come visit you, but I can’t afford it.”
4. “I would come visit you, but all my money is tied up in a business investment.”
5. “I have a chance to make a ton of money, but I need $10,000 to re-carpet the hotel I’m flipping.”
6. “Thank you for the money, but the contractor ran off with it and now the client is threatening to put me in jail if I don’t finish the job!”
If you hear any one of these phrases from someone online, they are trying to scam you. It’s a rip-off.
I hope learning this is helpful for you.
Is there anyone you should share this with?
Committed to your success,
Private Investigator, (Ret.) &
#1 Best Selling Author
P.S. – And, of course, don’t miss my special report titled… If You Want To be a Private Investigator Give Up… Unless You Do These Three Things. You can get it right here…